8.21.2009

Cheesy Sun-dried Tomato Corn Muffins

Since we have had an over abundance of tomatoes lately from our garden, I decided to try and dry some. I found a how to for making your own sun-dried tomatoes in the microwave. So I gave it a try...didn't turn out too bad.

Then I had sun-dried tomatoes to find something to do with! That's when I thought of using them in corn bread muffins. They were pretty yummo!

Ingredients:
1 package jiffy corn bread mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and pour into greased muffin tins about 3/4 full. The batter should be enough for 6 muffins. Bake for about 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Wow Mandy...how interesting. I am going to give the tomatoes a try as I have an abundance too. Thanks for posting this.
Smiles....Jackie