4.12.2011

dress to skirt refashion...

I was in the Dollar Tree several weeks ago and saw this baby dress. I thought it was some cute fabric and so for $1 I got it to do something with.

I got the biggest size they had which was 18-24 months, basically just for more fabric to work with. After looking at the way it was made I decided to turn it into a skirt for Little Bit!

I started by using a seam ripper to remove the straps from the back of the dress.

Then I cut the top part off the dress, so the front and back were now even.

The back already had some elastic in it, so I just hemmed the part I cut off and tada....a finished skirt!

Here is my little model striking a pose in her new outfit! I found an off white shirt at Target to go with the skirt. We paired that with some brown leggings she already had.

This project was {SEW} simple and turned out super cute!!!

Linking up to Workshop Wednesday!

No comments: