4.04.2011

decorating is for the {birds}...

I got on a bird kick this spring with my decor. They seem to be the "in" thing right now and there are so many cute ones out there! Here is a look at some thrifty bird art I made for my living room.
Here is a close up of the bird art on the mantel. I found a piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper at Michaels on clearance for 15 cents! It was a block style piece of paper with several birds, leaves, words, etc. So I cut 3 birds out and framed them! I just used frames I had on hand, making them work the best I could.

This one sits on top of a bookcase in the room, along with a metal vase filled with flowers and a pic of Little Bit.

I added some ribbon to this frame so it could hang from a hook on this shelf. Since this frame was oval and my bird wasn't quite large enough to fill the frame, I added a mat with some faux stitching detail.

Super cute and thrifty art!!!

2 comments:

JenMarie said...

OMGOSH!!!!!! LOVIN' all this!!

Anonymous said...

Yes they are in! And your are super cute! I am having a link party, I hope you will join in in the fun @goobyecityhellosuburbs for Workshop Wednesday!