5.20.2020

Summer Schedule

This is the last week of school for my daughter.  She is in 6th grade and can pretty much take care of her school work all on her own.  She has been really good at getting online and making herself a checklist of what she needs to accomplish each day.  I just check in to make sure she gets to her zooms on time and has everything completed.


It has been so good to have a "schedule" of sorts to get school done at home.  I was so glad when she came up with the idea of a summer schedule!  She created this all on her own and I was so proud!  I just helped her laminate the sheet after she created it.  This way she can use a dry erase marker and check off the items once she's completed them each day.  


She is taking a couple honors classes next year that will have summer work, so that is the math and ELA on the chart.  Then she also needs to practice piano and read every day.  The "jar" idea was also hers.  Basically like an "I'm bored" jar.  


She cut a bunch of strips of paper and wrote ideas of things to do each day.  Some examples of items on her papers were...

Bake
Scrapbook
Write a chapter
Diamond art
Recorder
Make bracelets
Spiral graph
Make slime
Draw & Color
Sew
Make a painting

She has multiples of each one, with enough strips for one each day of summer.  

I'm really proud of her for coming up with this.  I think having a plan each day will help the summer go more smoothly.  I love having a schedule and not having to come up with something everyday or worry about wasting time on electronics all day!  This is especially helpful this year with not being able to get out like usual.  Do you have a summer plan yet?  Get your child involved and see what ideas they might have!

No comments: