10.13.2010

a pumpkin shirt {& outside decor}...

Little Bit was all for helping me set up the fall decorations in the front of the house. She kept saying..."Oh, you take my picture by this pumpkin. Oh, you take my picture by this...." I'm glad she likes to be involved in decorating with me and that she likes to ham it up for the camera!!!
I made her this pumpkin shirt to wear this fall. It has been so warm she needed something short sleeved {and can always wear a long sleeved under or a sweater over!} I freehanded the pumpkin shape and cut it out of the fabric. {I didn't have any orange on hand, so I picked up a fat quarter at Walmart for a buck.} I used some brown polka dot for the stem. {Wonder Under was used to adhere the pumpkin & stem.} I stitched on a little bow made with some green silk ribbon to get that leaf effect! After I had the pumpkin on the shirt I noticed a little flaw in the fabric. So I covered it up by adding a few orange button accents!

Here is glimpse of the front stoop. We have had the scarecrow for several years. I just took a large clay pot turned upside down and inserted the scarecrow rod into the hole in the pot to keep him standing!

The wreath on the door I made several years ago.

I really liked this look of the iron planter fill with fall goodness. So....instead of putting up the plant stand for the winter I decided to repurpose it to make my own version of fall goodness!
The green plant was still thriving from the summer...so I kept it out, added a small mum, pumpkin and mix of mini pumpkins. I took a small grapevine wreath, unwound it and used it like a nest for the mini pumpkins.

One last pic of Little Bit! She had to pose by this little pumpkin girl her great-grandpa made for her last year. It is set out in a little rock area by the stoop, with 2 large mums and a large pumpkin.

1 comment:

chris said...

CUTE shirt, and fun entry decor. The girly is the cutest, however. :)