10.05.2010

toy story birthday!!!

Little Bit has been talking about having a Toy Story birthday party for several months! So I had to deliver, right?! ;) Our families live about 3 hours south of us....so we stopped there on our way to Disney and had Little Bit's family party with the grandparents.
It's not the easiest planning a birthday party when you have to travel but I was super pleased with the results...
I made the cupcakes beforehand and then iced them when we got to my mom's. It was my first time using a cake decorating tip to try and make the cupcakes look a little more fancy! I think they turned out great...{if i do say so myself}! I used star sprinkles from Michaels and some character picks to finish them off. The cupcakes were displayed on a tiered plate stand, with some of Little Bits miniature Toy Story characters added in for another special touch.

I also used other toys to decorate the table.....scrabble letters to spell HAPPY BDAY, barrel of monkeys hanging from the plate stand, and a birthday Mrs. Potato Head! {I found the Buzz Lightyear candle at Michaels, also used Toy Story cupcake liners found there too!}

Little Bit just loved the set up....here she is admiring the decor...anxious to gobble up one of those cupcakes!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

This is so cute! I love the Scrabble letter banner. :)

Leeann said...

I love your creativity in your decorations!