2.02.2011

{sweet} shelf!

I think this is my favorite area of Valentine's decor in the house. I love this little mirrored shelf but it is a little tricky to decorate. The ledge is not very deep, so I am limited as to what will fit. So I am always on the lookout for cute narrow items to display here....


The little pink "love" vase came from Michaels dollar bins. I stuck 2 heart picks inside that I found at the Dollar Store. For the faux cupcake I made a yarn ball, stuck a red brad in the top to represent a cherry, and stuck it in a mini foil cupcake wrapper! I also filled a glass jar with some conversation hearts....love how this looks! And you know I can't let a holiday pass without breaking out the scrabble letters! I went with the word "sweet" since there is candy and a cupcake on the shelf!
I had seen this tutorial for a felt heart a while back and bookmarked it cause I thought it was super cute. Well, I found a styrofoam heart at Michael's for like $1.49 and was excited to make my own. I kept putting it off because I really didn't want to cut out a ton of felt circles by hand. Then I thought to myself, I have a bag of rose petals that I got at the Dollar Store...why not use those?! So I did and I think it turned out fabulous!

Just lovin' my {SWEET} shelf!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

This is really pretty! You always have such good ideas!

Leanee said...

Very cute shelf. Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday.