12.21.2012

Christmas {baking}...

Well, I don't know if you can really call it BAKING!...but you do use the oven for a few minutes!  ;)  I had been wanting to make some faux turtles with pretzles, rolos and pecans.  I really wasn't looking forward to unwrapping 40 rolos but I was going to.  Then I saw these Rolo minis at Target and thought, hmm...wonder if these would work.  They are already unwrapped and ready to go! 

You start out by lining a pan with parchment paper.  Lay out your mini twist pretzels and place a Rolo on top of each one.   Then place in a 350 degree oven for 3-5 minutes. 

Take them out of the oven and press a pecan half on top.  This will flatten out the Rolo onto the pretzel.  Let cool and store in an airtight container.  {Don't eat them all at once!  ;)}

Here are a few more of my favorite holiday treats that require very little {baking}...microwave peanut brittle, lazy man's toffee and cinnamon sugar pretzels.  Yummo!

No comments: