1.07.2016

Savory Breakfast Casserole

Sometimes I can stare in the fridge and see food options but not really know what to fix.  I get in a rut and fix the same thing over and over again.  Then there are those leftovers that nobody ever wants to finish.  Leftovers are almost always inevitable after holiday gatherings, so why not use them to create an entirely new dish!

We always travel for Christmas so when I contribute to a meal I like it to be something easy.  And what's easier than rolls?!  Afterwards we had plenty of the rolls leftover so I came up with a dish to use them up.

Who doesn't love breakfast for dinner?!  Or breakfast anytime of the day really.  ;)  So I decided to make a savory breakfast casserole using up my leftover rolls and some creamy Chobani greek yogurt. 

I started by spraying a 9x13 baking dish.  Then I tore 5 large rolls into bite size pieces and placed them in the dish.  Next I added sausage pieces that I had cut up.

Then it was time for the egg mixture.  I mixed together eggs, milk, Chobani plain greek yogurt, shredded cheese and seasoning.

Then I poured the egg mixture over the bread and sausage, making sure all the bread was coated.

Now it's ready to bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!  I served my casserole with some pan fried potatoes and fruit.  This meal would be great anytime of day!  If you are serving this for breakfast you could easily whip it up the night before and refrigerate.  Then in the morning take it out about 30 minutes before putting in the oven to bake.

Check out madewithchobani.com for other yummy recipe ideas using Chobani greek yogurt!

Savory Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:
8 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup Chobani plain greek yogurt
1 cup shredded cheese
1 tsp Mrs. Dash original seasoning blend (or just salt & pepper to taste)
5-6 large dinner rolls
3-4 sausage patties, cooked and diced

Directions:
Grease a 9x13 baking dish and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Tear the rolls into bite size pieces and place them in the dish.  Next add the sausage pieces.  In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, greek yogurt, shredded cheese and seasoning.  Pour over the bread, making sure it is all coated.  Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top of the casserole begins to brown and springs back when touched lightly.  Let cool, slice and enjoy!

No comments: