3.17.2019

Handmade Leather Earrings

Do you love the look of big statement earrings but don't want the weight of them pulling on your ears?  That was totally me about a year ago.  I love wearing earrings to accessorize my outfits but hated that larger ones were heavy, hurt my ears or even made them red and irritated.  I saw some leather earrings online and heard they were so lightweight.  I entered a giveaway and won a pair.  I was instantly in love with them!  I ordered another pair and then decided I wanted to try and make my own.  I had made jewelry before and had most of the tools I needed already on hand.  All I really needed was some leather and patterns.


After I had made several pairs, some friends expressed interest in them as well.  So I began selling them locally, but do ship for a small fee. A friend of mine hadn't worn earrings in years because of how they hurt her ears.  But when she saw these, she tried them and LOVED how they made a statement without being heavy or hurting.  All the hooks I use on my earrings are nickel free.  I have sensitive ears and I hear that from many friends too.  So I always make sure they are labeled as such.


There are so many fun patterns and colors of leather available.  I try to get what I can locally as to keep costs low.  My main goal was to make them super affordable!  It has become quite the fun hobby!  I cut all the leather by hand and assemble the earrings myself.  I often work with friends to create patterns or sizes they are interested in.


I have several friends who are oil users.  Guess what?!  These can be used as oil diffuser earrings!  You just put a drop on the back of the leather earring and wear your oils while looking cute!    


They also make great gifts for your family members, teachers or other earring lovers in your life!  I have them available in several different shapes and sizes.  My daughter is 11 and wears earrings occasionally.  When she expressed interest in wearing some, I created the small size with her in mind.  It has quickly become one of my most popular sizes!  If you are interested in seeing what I have available, check out my Facebook page June&Jo Leather Earrings.  

No comments: