12.03.2008

Hobo Meatball Stew

This is in the crock pot right now! My DH got some ground deer meat from a coworker so I actually used that instead of beef.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 medium potatoes chunked
4 medium carrots chunked
1 medium onion diced
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp basil

Directions:
In bowl combine beef, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper; mix well. Shape into 1 inch meatballs. Brown meatballs on medium heat in large skillet. Place potatoes, carrots and onion in crock pot and top with meatballs. Combine ketchup, water, vinegar, basil, and remaining salt and pepper. Pour over meatballs. Cover and cook 4-5 hours on high or 8-10 on low.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Sounds yummy! I think I'll put that on my menu for next week!

Jackie said...

Thanks Mandy...
I'm always on the lookout for new Crock-Pot recipes!