12.08.2009

Paper Bag Popcorn!

Recently my friend Jamie enlightened me with the idea of paper bag microwave popcorn. So once all of our microwave popcorn packets were gone I bought a bag of popcorn kernels. This Alton Brown recipe is so easy and yummo!

Ingredients:
1/4 popcorn kernels
2 tsps olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
paper lunch bag

Directions:
Toss the popcorn with the olive oil and salt in the lunch bag. Double fold down the bag to close {Alton put 2 staples in to keep the bag closed but I didn't find this necessary}. Place the bag in the microwave and microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes, or until there are about 5 seconds between pops.

{I want to get some garlic salt and popcorn seasoning for some more variety in flavor. Alton's recipe suggests jalapeno seasoning but I'll pass on that!}

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Isn't it great! We have been doing this for a couple of years now and I could never go back to the other stuff. It takes a little practice to get it right but once you do, it is so good. We use the fine grained popcorn salt and you can put a little butter on if you want but not necessary. We use a white popcorn but I don't think it matters...no staple for us either.

Christy said...

I agree with Jackie. This is the best popcorn and you will never go back!