4.30.2010

Hip{hippo}ray for Quilts!

Little Bit and I took off last Friday for a girls weekend! We met up with my mom and sister and traveled to Paducah, KY for their annual quilt show. My grandma lives there, so we picked her up and set out to enjoy the quilts together! It was a great time and we saw lots of wonderful quilts and handmade items. What a great place to be inspired! I just might have to start piecing a quilt in the near future...a simple one of course! I have some leftover Sultry fabric from this project that I would love to use in a quilt!

Little Bit did very good....considering this trip was geared towards grown ups! She only had one major melt down and I think she was just hungry. Here she is {escaped from the stroller!} sporting her new outfit that I made her. Using the Verna collection from Moda Fabrics, I appliqued a hippo and little bird on a white t-shirt. Then I made a little skirt to match using just a fat quarter!!! Check out this tutorial for details.