5.03.2010

{Scrapbook} the WALLS!

National Scrapbook Day was Saturday! Hope you all got to do something crafty. We were on a mini vacation so I didn't get to craft on Saturday....but we did stop by an Archiver's on Sunday and I did the 3 free make & takes they were offering.

In the spirit of National Scrapbook Day I am going to celebrate all month long! So look for lots of crafty posts, starting with my creative solution for a new wallpaper border...

I am in the process of changing decor in Little Bit's room. I have been on an owl kick lately and so when I found this cute bedding from Target...I knew it was what I would go with for her big girl room. My main dilemma in changing the room was the existing wallpaper border. We had a bear border up for the nursery and I didn't want to have to take it down and repaint...so I decided to cover it up...with scrapbook paper!!!

I used some striped Dude Designs paper {coincidentally called Mandy!} that I got at a sale for .25 for a pack of 25 sheets! I cut each 12x12 sheet in half, so I was working with 6x12 sheets for the border. I brushed Mod Podge on the back of each sheet and applied it to the wall, right over the existing border. {I had to work fast, because it starts to dry fairly quickly.}

Ta-Da...a room beginning to transform!

Stay tuned for more updates to the room...
window coverings
wall art
decorative banner
hair bow organization
owls, owls and more owls!

{Linked up to Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime}

4 comments:

JenMarie said...

Oh cool!
AND...I saw that bedding at Target about a month ago and thought of YOU!

Ladybuglair75 said...

Awesome idea!! Love it!

Can't wait to see what you're going to do with the hairbows. We have the same issue. I was thinking about sewing some strips of ribbon onto a hanger....a wide piece with a narrow one on top...sewn at intervals all the way down to make little "pockets." And then sew however many of those will fit onto the hangar...and then of course decorating it! What's your idea?

You are inspiring me to decorate my daughter's room! Thanks for the great ideas! Keep 'em comin'!

I {heart} Nap Time said...

great idea!! looks cute! thanks for linking up!

Kendra Goodrich said...

I love it, and how easy!!!! Keep craftin'!