9.21.2013

{family dinner} homemade guacamole...

I know it's been awhile since I posted but we had vacation in there and I've just had some catching up to do since we got back.  I will share some pics with you next week...we went to Disney again...our home away from home.  

Anyway back to the originally scheduled broadcast...lol!  Our family cooking nights haven't been as regular now that school is in full swing.  All of our meals have been a success so far.  I love getting Little Bit involved in the cooking process and hopefully help to expand her palate.  

This particular night we had mexican...beef tacos, refried beans and homemade guacamole.  Little Bit was a big help making the guac.  I was so proud of her for tasting it...and liking it even!  Now we make it about once a week!


Little Bit loves to help measure out ingredients and pour them in the bowl!  This guacamole really is simple to throw together. 
 
Ingredients:
1 large avocado
juice of 1/2 a lime
1/3 cup salsa
1 tsp dried cilantro
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder

Directions:
Cut avocado in half and scoop it out of the skin.  I either use a spoon to scoop it out or sometimes I just squeeze the avocado halves and it comes right out in the bowl.  Then using a fork, I mash up the avocado.  Add the lime juice, salsa and spices.  Mix/mash until all ingredients are combined and you have a creamy consistency.  Grab some tortilla chips and dig right into the yummy goodness!

This makes enough to feed the 3 of us so you might want to double for a larger crowd.

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I've had your guacamole, and it is yummy! I'm glad you posted the recipe.