2.22.2015

Breathe...{getting organized}

I just completed a bible study called Breathe: Making Room for Sabbath by Priscilla Shirer.  It was a wonderful study with a great group of ladies!  The idea is slowing down from all the busyness, clearing out the clutter and making time for us to focus on God and what he has in store for us.  During one week of the study, Priscilla issued a challenge for us to take 14 minutes each day to spend time with God.  One of my goals during this study was to be a better manager of my time and get in bible reading, devotions and prayer each day.  This was a great challenge but harder than it seems.  I am not good at quiet!  This verse is a great reminder and I am continuing to work on this.

“Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him.” Psalm 62:5 NLT

The other part of her challenge was to clear 14 inches of space, remove clutter from our lives.  So over the course of the last few weeks I did this at least 3 times....and it feels great!

I started in my closet and got to work on my over abundance of scarves.  I have a hanging organizer that was filled to the max!  Scarves falling on the floor, hanging on the door, draped everywhere because they had outgrown their space.  So as hard as it was I laid them all out on my bed and got to weeding them down.  I started with the ones I wore the most and put them back on the hanger.  I took out the ones that I hadn't worn in forever or knew I wouldn't wear.  I still have quite a few scarves but I can see them all...and they aren't overflowing into other areas. 
Then it was on to my desk.  I had quite the pile that had been accumulating for weeks...maybe since Christmas.  All I really needed to do was put things where they needed to be.  But some of it was paperwork that needed filed or dealt with...so I finally devoted time to get it done.  Now I am striving to keep it clean...or at least cleared off weekly.

And just this week I tackled my scrapbooking area.  I got a new Raskog cart from IKEA with some Christmas money.  So when it came in, I decided to take this opportunity to go through some supplies and weed out what I wasn't using.  I love being organized and knowing what I have and where it is!
What are some areas that you could clear out and make some space? 

No comments: