1.21.2010

30-minute Almond Chicken

I made this last night for dinner and it was great! {Photo from Kraft website...I always forget to take a pic before we eat it!} I did make a few changes. I used canned green beans instead of fresh and just heated them separately. I also used chicken breasts instead of thighs, because that's what I had already. So here is my take...

Ingredients:
4 medium sized chicken breasts
1/2 cup italian dressing
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
1/4 cup slivered almonds

Directions:
Heat large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add dressing and chicken, cook about 4-5 minutes per side until evenly browned.

Add broth and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken and cover to keep warm.

Add rice and almonds into the pan, stirring into the dressing/broth mixture. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand 5 minutes; fluff with fork.

Serve chicken over rice mixture with a side of green beans. YUMMO!

No comments: