1.09.2010

Chocolate Mousse Torte

Recently, Meijer has partnered with “lifestyle maven” Katie Brown, current PBS host and Oxygen network alumnus. In addition to an illustrious television career, Katie Brown has authored several books focusing on lifestyle and entertaining, and is a syndicated lifestyle columnist as well.

I was fortunate enough to receive a the kit pictured above from Meijer as a way to introduce us to Katie Brown, and her incredible (yet simple) recipes. The kit included an awesome canvas bag, 10” Anchor Hocking serving platter, Katie Brown recipe card, non-perishable recipe ingredients, and a Meijer gift card to purchase the perishable ingredients.

So my task was to try out this recipe and let you all know what I thought. I made it yesterday to take as my "snack" for a scrapbooking event I attended last night. This was a very quick, simple and elegant dessert to whip up! I just got a little frustrated trying to keep the Nilla Wafers standing around the edge of the pan while I put the filling in....but it all worked out beautifully! This dessert was a huge hit...YUMMO! This is something I can definitely see myself making again. Check out the recipe below to try it out yourself...

Chocolate Mousse Torte

37 Nilla Wafers, divided
4 Squares Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
2 Pkg. Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
2 Cups + 2 tbsp.Cold Milk, divided
1 Tub Cool Whip Whipping Topping, thawed, divided
1/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Raspberries

Stand 16 wafers around inside edge of a 9-inch round pan lined with plastic wrap. Melt 3 chocolate squares as directed on package. Beat pudding mixes and 2 cups milk in medium blow with whisk, 2 minutes. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Stir in 1 cup Cool Whip; pour into prepared pan.

Beat cream cheese, sugar, and reaming milk with mixer until well blended. Stir in 1 cup of remaining Cool Whip; spread over pudding. Top with remaining wafers.

Refrigerate 3 hours.

Invert torte onto plate. Remove pan and plastic wrap. Shave remaining Chocolate Square into curls. Top torte with remaining Cool Whip, berries, and chocolate curls {I omitted the berries because I am not a huge fan.}


{Thanks so much to Meijer for providing the ingredients and the opportunity to make this dish!}

1 comment:

JenMarie said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted this!!