1.15.2010

Cheesy Potato Soup

I was in the mood to try a new soup recipe and I have been getting great deals on potatoes lately...so I thought I'd try this Cheesy Potato Soup. I did tweak a few things while making it.

Ingredients:
5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 small carrot, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
2 cups water
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups milk
3 Tbsp margarine, melted
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp steak seasoning
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 cups shredded cheese {I used colby-jack}
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

Directions:
In a large pot over medium heat, combine potatoes, carrot, celery, water and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Once tender, stir in milk.

In a small bowl, combine melted margarine, flour, steak seasoning and pepper. Stir into soup, increase heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.

Top bowls of soup with crumbled bacon and enjoy!

No comments: