3.03.2010

Sweet Potato Casserole

I was not always fond of sweet potatoes until I tried them one Thanksgiving a few years ago. My grandma makes a yummo sweet potato casserole...similar to this one. Try it for yourself and let me know what you think!

Ingredients:

casserole...
3 cups sweet potatoes
1 stick butter
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

topping...
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup flour
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar

Directions:
Peel & cook sweet potatoes until tender. {If you prefer to use canned that is ok.} Drain potatoes and mash, add butter. Beat eggs with milk and add to potatoes. Next, stir in sugar and vanilla. Pour into 9x13 baking dish.

Combine topping ingredients together and sprinkle on top of potatoes. Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.

1 comment:

Teresa Kline said...

yummo, this sounds great...so does the banana bread, one of my all time favorites...have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*