3.26.2010

{yummo} chicken salad!

I have been wanting to find a chicken salad recipe that wasn't too mayoish tasting...{I'm not a huge fan}. So, I found a recipe that was close to what I wanted and tweaked it a little. I think it turned out pretty yummo!
Ingredients:
1 cup shredded chicken
1/3 cup light mayo
2 Tbsp sour cream
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp honey
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup seedless red grapes, sliced
1/2 rib celery, thinly sliced
1/4 cup walnut pieces
1/4 cup shredded cheese
dash of salt and pepper

Directions:
Combine the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, honey and sugar. Stir in chicken, grapes, celery, walnuts, cheese, salt and pepper. Add more mayo if needed. Enjoy with some lettuce on a pita!

2 comments:

JenMarie said...

OMGosh, this looks wonderful!!

Unknown said...

just made some, thanks! had no sour cream so it's a little different but still good!