10.22.2010

Ladies Tea...{grape salad recipe!}

This past weekend I went down to my mom's for a tea their ladies group was hosting at church. Each member decorated a round table to seat 6. They all turned out fabulous! My mom's table was done in a red, white & blue theme. Here we are posing by her table!
All the ladies used fun china, had great decor and fun little favors. My mom made red and blue crocheted washcloths for her table and gave them inside a clear star dish. We started off with cheese ball {I'll share that recipe soon!} and tea. Then came the lunch....hot chicken salad, grape salad and croissants. Then we finished off our meal with a cupcake! {Sorry for the blurry photo...my little pocket camera is on its last leg!}

Quilts were displayed all around the room. These are ones that my mom brought, made by my grandma.


Now for a recipe....

Grape Salad

Ingredients:
2 lbs seedless red grapes
2 lbs seedless green grapes
8 oz sour cream
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

topping...
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup nuts {pecans or walnuts work great with this!}

Directions:
Mix last 4 ingredients together and pour over grapes. Stir until grapes are all well covered. Then sprinkle on topping.

Serves 25-30

1 comment:

DeniseB said...

I Love this grape salad. And I even have the receipt and have made it. It is super easy and people love it. I have found that the regular size grapes work better than the big globe grapes.