12.16.2010

{framed} necklaces...

My necklaces have been a mess for a long while now. I have a tall jewelry box with drawers....good for bracelets, earrings and the like but not good for necklaces. I tried just laying them in the top but they would still end up getting all jumbled together.

So....I created this! I wanted to keep my creation on the cheap, that meant off to the Dollar Tree! I found this 12x14 black wood frame and thought perfect....since I already have black accents in the room. I used some cork sheets and fabric that I already had on hand.

Then I lined up straight pins all along the top and hung the necklaces from them.

Here is another shot of the final product....I just love it. Love how it shows off my necklaces and keeps them neatly organized too!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

I love it too. I love using jewelry as art. It turned out beautiful and so inexpensive. I'll be featuring this tomorrow. Grab a featured button if you'd like.

Anonymous said...

So clever! I bought the stuff to make an organizer for my earrings over a YEAR ago and have yet to do it~ this inspires me to just get the sucker done because it really doesn't take that long. Looks awesome!

Organize with Sandy said...

How fun... I found your blog from Leanne's link party. I'd love for you to link up to my new Organizing Mission Monday link party too.
Thanks

Unknown said...

what straight pins did you use? is the cork the thin cork we find in packs of 4? i'm close to creating one!