12.02.2010

it's december!

I can't believe that December is here already! Where has the year gone?! In getting ready for the holidays I wanted some special activities that the hubs and I could do with Little Bit to make the days leading up to Christmas special.

One thing I have done is pull out all our Christmas books {we have like 7!} and put them in a basket by the Christmas tree. Each night Little Bit gets to pick out one of the books for us to read together. {I saw an idea where someone wrapped up all the Christmas books they had and did a different one a night until Christmas. Since we don't have 25 books, I went for the basket option.} We will probably enjoy a few more Christmas books that we check out from the library!

I also have a basket of holiday crafts in our Learning Center. I am hoping to come up with enough things to do one a day until Christmas. So far we have 8 things in our basket....and I'm still thinking!

What holiday traditions do you have in place with your family?

2 comments:

Shirley said...

This is just one night a year, but we are big on stockings.

Mariesa M. said...

What a fun book and learning basket. I'm on the lookout for fun traditions too for my little girls. I love making gingerbread houses and ornaments and things with them though.