4.12.2013

mini apple pies

I saw these quick and easy apple pie treats while I was blog browsing one day and quickly pinned them!  So one night for dinner I whipped them up for a quick low-cal dessert.  I couldn't believe how quick and easy they came together....and with ingredients that I almost always have on hand!

Ingredients:
apple
cinnamon
sugar
brown sugar
cream cheese
graham crackers
 
I started with an apple and chopped it into small bite sized pieces.  Then I sprinkled on some cinnamon, sugar and brown sugar.  Microwave for about 1 minute and stir.  Check to see if they are warm and softened.  If they need more time, microwave for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. 


Take a graham cracker square and spread on some cream cheese.  I had Laughing Cow Cinnamon spread that I used and it was super tasty!  Plus at only 35 Calories a wedge, this helps keep it a low-cal snack!

Top with apples and enjoy!  The original poster drizzled caramel and chocolate on some of theirs but I think mine were fine just plain!  ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These look delicious. I wonder if I could use Splenda regular and brown sugar to make them even more low-cal. I'm going to try these this weekend and I'm sure they will be awesome!!!

Mandy said...

oooo...definitely worth a try. i haven't ventured into cooking with those yet but have thought about it. let me know how they turn out!