4.26.2013

{leftover} Easter candy?

Little Bit got to participate in several egg hunts this year so we had quite the haul of Easter candy.  One thing we came away with lots of were little foil wrapped chocolate eggs.  I was making a batch of pumpkin spice muffins last week and I usually add some chocolate chips.  BUT I didn't have any on hand, so I decided to chop up some of the chocolate eggs to use in their place.  It worked great! 

Here are a few other uses for Easter candy that look fun to try...

 
Peep smores | I have totally made these in the past and they are pretty yummo.  You don't want to overcook them though cause the sugary coating can get kind of tough.  

 
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cookies |  I love these...especially the eggs at Easter time!  Don't know if I would have any leftover to make these cookies but they sure look good!

Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
chocolate bunny dipped strawberries |  Melt those chocolate bunnies down and dip some strawberries in it for a yummy snack!  ;)  These would be great to make for a teacher appreciation gift or mother's day!!!

White Chocolate M and M Cookies
white chocolate M&M cookies |  I have some of these just sitting in the cabinet waiting to be eaten...might have to give these cookies a try! 

Do you still have Easter candy left?  If so, how do you use it up???

No comments: