8.16.2013

Off to {school}

Hooray!  We survived the first day of school!  My little bit headed off to Kindergarten on Wednesday.  It was a very emotional day for me, but I kept myself busy and made it through!  I am so proud of how brave and energetic she is about school.  I hope it stays that way for a long time!

I made a 1st day sign using some black cardstock and a white crayon to get the chalkboard effect. 

She was so excited to get on the bus I almost didn't get a hug goodbye!

One thing that helped prepare her was getting to meet her teacher a couple days before school started.  We were able to attend an open house at her school, take her supplies and meet the teacher.  She was able to explore her classroom and look around the school to see the rooms she would be going to...and we even made a quick stop on the playground!

I put together this little gift to give to her teacher that night.  I took a Ball jar and filled it with pencils, pens, sharpies and dry erase markers.  Then I attached a jar shaped tag with the teachers name on one side and the saying {Can't wait to have a "BALL" with you this year in class!}  I had seen the idea here and just did my own thing with it. 

For more great back to school info check out Springfield Mom's resources here.  {My idea is even featured there!}

No comments: