8.13.2013

{school} mantel

Little Bit starts school tomorrow!  She can't wait!  I'm excited for her but sad to lose my daily companion.  ;)  She got to meet her teacher last night, see her classroom and some of her classmates.  We even got to walk around and explore the different areas of the school she will be using.  

So to celebrate I thought it would be fun to do a school themed mantel. Of course she woke up and said, "why is my beach ball up there".  "Did you use my crayons?" and "Wait a minute, that's my bus!"  But she agreed it was cute and we could leave everything for a few days! 

 
I just worked with what I had and think the end result turned out pretty darn cute!  

It started with the globe beach ball.  I saw it lying on the floor in the living room and I thought hey, wonder what that would look like sitting on the candle holder.  Then I found a pic I had taken of Little Bit from Kindergarten night a few months ago.  I also used a small jar and filled it with brand new crayons!
 

I just made the banner using some red cardstock and cut little flags out.  I hand wrote the letters and attached them to twine with paperclips!  I knew Little Bit had a toy bus, so I added that to my little wooden crate display.  I already had the quote block and love the saying...and the chevron along the edges! 


I finished off the mantel with some buttons in a jar and my favorite....scrabble letters!  I just put ABCDEFG on one of the little holders and there you have it.  I am loving how it turned out!

1 comment:

Janssen said...

Looks darling! I struggle with mantles.