2.23.2011

button ring...

I was in Archivers a few weeks ago and saw these Tim Holtz buttons and thought they were super cute! I instantly had the idea of making button rings with several of them. Here are the supplies I used...
ring bases {Michaels}, buttons {Archivers but have seen them at Hobby Lobby & Michaels}, E-6000 adhesive, button shank remover, file

First select the button you want to use, if there is a shank on the back of the button, use the button shank remover tool to clip it off.

Next, you might need to file the back if the shank did not come off smoothly. I just used a file I got in a box of chipboard letters.

Then apply adhesive to the ring base and secure the button on top. I let mine dry overnight to make sure it was good and set.

Enjoy your beautiful creation!

1 comment:

Cricket @ Thrifty Texas Penny said...

Such a neat idea! Stopped by from OrgJunkies MPM, but am now following so I can see what creative activity you come up with for letter T. I think it's time I started doing some lessons with my 3 yr old. Thanks for the inspiration! ~ Cricket