2.16.2011

recipe shelves...

We have these 3 open shelves in the corner of our kitchen. They are used to house our cookbooks, recipe cards, phone books and a few small appliances.
After I read a cooking magazine I would either throw the whole magazine on the bottom shelf or rip out a recipe and place it on the pile. Also the basket was overflowing with recipes. The mess was getting to me, so I finally sorted and tossed and got this space organized!

There were several small manuals and recipe booklets that I didn't want to get lost mixed in with the larger cookbooks, so I made them a little home all their own. I took a cracker box, made a few cuts and added some cute paper to turn it into a small magazine type box.

Here is the after....less crowded and way more organized. The top shelf is pretty much the same, just moved the coffee maker and added the file box. On the second shelf, I eliminated a duplicate phone book and added a few decor items. {The 2 owls are from Target's dollar spot and the red jar is from Michaels.} Now my red plate stand has a home on the bottom shelf next to the recipe box and coffee maker. All the recipes I kept from the huge pile and basket were either filed in my recipe binder or written on a card and placed in my fairly new recipe box!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

The space looks so much better and organized now. Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday.