1.13.2011

chocolate {pumpkin} pecan muffins...


Have you tried making muffins with a cake mix and can of pumpkin? If not, what are you waiting for!? Hehe....It's so easy! Also a great way to sneak some veggies into your child's diet {or yours for that matter!}.

I needed a snack to take to a scrapbooking overnight I am going to this weekend and wanted something fairly healthy....so I turned to these muffins.

Ingredients:
1 chocolate cake mix
1 15 oz can pumpkin
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Directions:
Stir together cake mix, pumpkin and water until combined. Add in pecans. Drop spoonfuls of batter into lined muffin tins. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

Makes 24 muffins and each one is only about 105 calories!

So you ready to try them yet???? If you aren't a huge chocolate fan, just pick your favorite cake mix and go with that. One of my favorites is to use spice cake and add in chocolate chips!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh, this sounds good! I think I'll try it with the sugarfree cake mix!

JenMarie said...

These look heavenly! Got it bookmarked, thanks for sharing!