7.03.2014

cheese & zucchini pasta

During the summer when zucchini is readily available, this is one of my go to dishes!  Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables and this recipe is just so easy to throw together and tastes yummo!  I hope you give it a try.


Ingredients:
1/2 box pasta of your choice {I usually use whatever I have on hand}
1 medium zucchini
1/4 - 1/2 cup olive oil
2 gloves garlic finely chopped
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 cup shredded cheese {provolone or mozzarella}
3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese

Directions: 
Start by washing and slicing your zucchini.  I slice it into rounds and then cut then in half.  This makes them about the same size as your pasta pieces.  Salt & pepper the zucchini and set aside.

Cook pasta according to the package directions.

In a separate pan, heat olive oil on medium to medium-low heat.  Add garlic and basil, cook for a few minutes.  Then add zucchini and cook until tender.  Once pasta has finished cooking, drain and add to zucchini.  Stir to coat pasta with oil.

Turn off the heat and add cheeses.  Toss pasta and cheese mixture, cheese will begin to melt.  Serve & enjoy!!!

No comments: