1.14.2015

fish taco {recipe}

Tilapia is a fish that I cook with often.  It is fairly inexpensive and I find it on sale often.  Plus it's not too fishy for me...taste or smell wise.  We tried these fish tacos several months ago and fell in love with them!  They make it on the menu monthly at least!

Fish Tacos 
Ingredients:
4 tilapia fillets
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt
pepper

Directions:
Place thawed tilapia fillets on plate or cutting board.  {I put my frozen tilapia in a ziplock bag and place them in the sink with water for about 15 minutes or so.}  Sprinkle tilapia with salt and pepper.  Mix together other spices and rub on both sides of the fillets.  Cook in a skillet on medium heat about 5-6 minutes per side.  The fish will flake easily with a fork when it is done.

Cilantro lime sauce
2 Tbsp sour cream
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp cilantro
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Mix together in small bowl and serve on fish tacos!


Here are some of my other recipes featuring Tilapia...
Orange-Ginger Tilapia
Breaded Tilapia Sticks
Almond-Coconut Tilapia


No comments: