11.13.2008

Creative Corner...Recipe Binder

I have been trying to get motivated to organize my recipes for a while now. We have 3 open shelves in the kitchen where I store my recipes, magazines, cookbooks and the like. Little Bit has discovered these and loves pulling everything off, dragging them around the house and tearing some to shreds! So...that has been the motivation I needed.

I made a binder several years ago but it hasn't been kept up. I never liked the divider system I had, plus I needed more categories. I used part of the Friends & Flowers Simply Scrappin' Kit from SU. I took the colored squares, cut them in half and used these for my tabs. I had stamped the divider pages when I originally made the binder using a recipe set. I revamped them, making them work better for me. Categories I used were:
  • Appetizers
  • Beverages & Breakfast
  • Breads
  • Desserts
  • Meats & Main Dishes
  • Soups, Stews & Sauces
  • Veggies, Salads & Sides
  • Misc.
Hopefully these will cover everything!

Do you have a great system for organizing your recipes? If so, I would love to hear about it!

No comments: