6.08.2010

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom...

Little Bit just loves this book. She goes around just randomly saying..."Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, will there be enough room?...next comes H up the coconut tree!"...too cute! I have seen several ideas lately where people made a coconut tree with letters. I thought, how fun...I should make something for Little Bit. I knew I wanted something small, that Little Bit could sit and have on her lap to play with. I also thought magnetic stuff would be good but didn't want to spend alot...so my wheels began to turn. I have had this baking sheet{$1.00} for a couple months thinking it would come in handy as a tray for some project. I found it at the Dollar Tree and it is magnetic {when buying a baking sheet for a magnetic project, make sure you test it because they are not all magnetic}. My next mission were magnetic letters...found those{$1.00} at Dollar General in the kitchen section. Now I just had to make the tree. Using construction paper, I freehand cut out a tree trunk. leaves and coconuts. Then I ran them through my Xyron machine using the laminate/magnet cartridge, cut out and assembled it all on the tray.
When it was all done, I showed it to Little Bit and she got excited! Here she is playing with it, saying over and over "here comes H up the coconut tree"....I think it's a hit!

4 comments:

Shirley said...

This is cute. I'm going to send my daughter a link to it.

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

so so cute!! My kids love this book too!

Amanda said...

My son LOVES this book- what a fun idea I haven't seen before :)

Unknown said...

ah! a clever use of the cookie tray! love it!