6.29.2010

{supergirl} cape...

Little Bit has been going around jumping off the couch, acting like and saying she is "superman", so I thought she might like a cape to wear. I had looked at several tutorials but wanted something cheap and simple! So on one of my Dollar Store runs, I browsed the kitchen towels and found this mostly white one with a few colorful stripes at the bottom. I thought it would work perfectly!

I took the plain white end and gathered it to create the collar. Then I added some red satin ribbon that I had on hand {to bring in some more color and to have something to attach the Velcro to}. You could be done now, but I wanted to personalize it a bit more. Sooooooo, I took some more of the satin ribbon and laid it out to make a G {first letter of Little Bit's name!} in the middle of the cape. Once sewed in place, I let Little Bit try it on and HAVE FUN!!!

Linking up to:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! My "G" would love this as well! I've seen those towels at the Dollar Tree and really wanted to have a use for them, and now I do. )