7.01.2010

Creative Corner...pinwheel wreath

I have been wanting to make some paper pinwheels for quite some time now....they are just so stinkin' cute! So when I saw the wreath in this post I knew I wanted to create my own version. So last night I whipped this up...just in time for the holiday weekend!
I used some scraps of patriotic paper that I had leftover from other projects to make the pinwheels. I cut 5 inch squares. From each corner, cut in towards the center stopping about halfway towards the center. Punch a small hole in each corner of the square and one in the center. Gently fold up each punched corner to line up with the center hole. Secure with a small brad. Then I added a punched star with some dimensional adhesive to the center of the pinwheel....and finished it off with a button! I hot glued all the elements to the wreath.

3 comments:

JenMarie said...

Ooo...this is FABulous!!

Anonymous said...

CUTEST THING EVER! I love that wreath. You are inspiring me!

Lisa

Jackie said...

So cute Mandy! Bet it looks great hanging on your front door this weekend! Have a great celebration!