3.16.2011

a {hoot} of a baby gift...

This past weekend Little Bit and I traveled to a baby shower for my cousin's wife. She is such a cute little preggo! She is not finding out the gender of the baby so gifts had to be neutral. I chose to go with an owl theme...cause they work for girl or boy and who doesn't love owls?!

I decided to embellish a white onesie with a little owl. I just freehanded a pattern and cut out all the pieces, using brown and green fabric. I used Wonder Under to adhere all the pieces to the onesie. I then sewed green buttons on to enhance the eyes.

I also made a couple burp cloths. I found a cute owl print at JoAnns that looked pretty gender neutral and paired that with some fabric I had on hand. They coordinated great! Here are some girly burp cloths I made a while back....{tutorial link is in that post}.

Little Bit helped pick out 2 books with owls in them to complete our owl themed gift!

I also included a little zipper pouch filled with some {new mommy necessities}!...hand sanitizer, lip gloss, lotion, kleenex, shout wipes, ibuprofen & gum.

4 comments:

JenMarie said...

L.O.V.E. this!!!

Angie said...

What lovely gift!

Shirley said...

I liked your owls, and your colors all look great together.

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful handmade gifts, Mandy! I love them!! I found that my favourite baby gifts were the ones a friend made as well.