3.24.2011

i {heart} zippered pouches!

I just love zippered pouches! You can never have too many, right?! They are great for containerizing....especially all the stuff in my purse. I have one for my necessities {lip gloss, lotion, sanitizer, bandaids, tylenol, etc...}, several for snacks, one for library stuff {library card, change, pen}, and now one for toys...

...See that little pony peaking out of there?!

I have seen so many cute handmade ones online that I finally decided to try one myself. I found two {here and here} fairly easy tutorials that I really liked. So I took parts from each and came up with something that worked for me.

This was my first time working with a zipper! I am so not a great seamstress by any means. It is far from perfect but it is my creation and I love it!

6 comments:

silly eagle books said...

looks cute! I, too, am a big fan of zippered pouches. :) Thanks for the Ladybug girl at the Beach suggestion--I hope I can find it at the library tomorrow. :)

Jackie said...

Great job Mandy! You are right, you can never get too many of them...so many ways to use them. warm hugs....

JenMarie said...

OMGosh...caaaaa-UTE!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

What a great bag for the little pony! It's super cute!! Love the little ruffle detail.

Unknown said...

is "containerizing" a word? well, it should be because we are good at it! i can't believe you did a zipper. that does make you a good seamstress i do believe!

Holly. said...

cuuuute!