1.10.2013

{OWL} craft and cute book...

I saw these cute owls made out of a toilet paper tube in some magazine a while back, think it might have been Parents but totally not sure.  So I thought I would give it a try.  
I started with an empty toilet paper tube and folded the top ends in towards each other to create the ears or owl tufts. 
Then I took a cute cupcake liner and cut it up.  By layer these overlapping on each other I created the belly of the owl! 
I punched out some circles for eyes and cut a small triangle for the beak.  Finally I cut a piece of cardstock to curve around the back to create wings.  I love how he turned out!!!  So simple and just using things I had lying around the house. 
Little Boost Lacey Walker Nonstop Talker 
While we are on the subject of owls, I thought I would share this super cute book that we read recently.  It is called "Lacey Walker, Nonstop Talker".  It is about the cutest little owl who talks all the time.  This of courses causes her some problems.  When you talk all the time you can't listen very well.  One day she wakes up and can't talk...at first she is upset and wonders what she will do.  But then she starts listening and realizes what she has been missing out on.   Such a great story!  Little Bit and I both loved it!!!

No comments: