1.23.2014

Taco soup

This past weekend we had a family get together at our house.  I was trying to find easy prep meals so I wasn't constantly in the kitchen!   Taco soup to the rescue!  ;)  Not only was this super easy but it got rave reviews from the family!  This is no new recipe but it was new to me.  I have had it before but never made it.  Now it has been added to my list of go tos!


Ingredients:
1 can corn
1 can can rotel
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
2 cups beef broth
1 package taco seasoning
1 package ranch seasoning
1 pound ground beef, cooked and crumbled


optional toppings:  shredded cheese, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips

Directions:
Brown the ground beef and drain.  I did this the night before so in the morning I could just dump all the ingredients in the crockpot. 

Drain both cans of beans and rinse.  Dump into crock pot along with all other ingredients.  Stir to combine.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6.

Enjoy just as it is or with your favorite toppings!



No comments: