1.06.2011

craft space {organized}

So I have always struggled with how to organize my craft space. Do I keep things packed up and ready for on the go scrapping OR do I have a designated home for everything? I kind of had a mix of both but I recently decided I wanted things out and visible...so I can see and know what I have. {I think I have a little kitchen theme going here when it comes to my organizers....lots of colanders, plate, spice jars, ramekins...!!!}

I really love my craft desk. It is an L shaped desk that has overhead storage on one side. Since I don't have a craft room, just a section of the basement, vertical storage was important to me. That's one of the reasons I choose this desk.

I have been collecting a few storage containers here and there but just this week I really started getting out accessories and containers and started reorganizing everything!

I love my button storage. I got a 4 pack of small Ball jars {think they are called Elite} from Meijer for about $4. I sorted them by color....greens/yellows, reds/pinks, blues/purples, and neutrals. {See the blue colander above the jars....it holds chipboard pieces}

I had lots of little containers of accessories that where just scattered here and there. I had an old spice rack in the garage sale pile, so I decided to repurpose the jars! I grouped like items together...silver brads, corduroy buttons, fabric brads, colored brads, random buttons....and placed them in their own jar. Then I punched some circles from cardstock and adhered them to the tops of the lids. My friend Jamie made me the plate stand for Christmas and I thought it was the perfect piece to display all the jars on! {In the bottom corner you can see a peak of a mini red colander filled with prima flowers!}

I have had my ribbon wrapped around round wooden clothes pins and sorted by color into 3 jars....love this! Then I have some ribbon still on the roll in the metal pail. I recently added the blue ramekin {to hold my baker's twine}, the large white glass/vase thing {found at goodwill for 96 cents, holds my copic markers} and the little metal dish {holds tags}.

On top of my wire shelves I added another white vase from Goodwill, also 96 cents! It holds more pens. Another blue ramekin which is currently empty but I'm sure will be filled up soon enough. I am using the "m" decorated box to hold my 6x6 paper!

And I'll leave you with a glimpse at my die cutting station. I have my Cricut and Cuttlebug here. The metal pail holds all my Cuttlebug folders, dies, etc....and the basket contains all my cartridges. The black shelf unit was meant to be a drawer organizer but I thought it would work perfect standing up to hold some cutting tools! {Another mini colander filled with felt flowers!}


8 comments:

JenMarie said...

Absolutely FABULOUS!!!!!

Unknown said...

awesome! the white vases are my favorite. :)

Jennifer S. said...

Your space looks great....of course it always does though, lol!

Ladybuglair75 said...

Beautiful! You are sooo good at organizing and repurposing things! Love it!

Lisa said...

I'd like to see close-ups of how your ribbon is stored, and also what is in that blue tin rectangle?

Unknown said...

after some online research, i would say you scored some of the cuter milk glass. can i be jealous? ;)

Mandy said...

thanks! pretty sure only 1 is milk glass....think the one with my copics isn't...but still white and super cute!

Leanne said...

Your craft desk and area looks great. I love all your fun containers, especially the white pieces. Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday.