7.27.2011

no-bake energy bites

I saw these bites on this site and thought they looked and sounded yummo....so I gave them a try...

and they were!!! Here is what I did...

Ingredients:
1/2 cup peanut butter {part creamy, part crunchy...cause that's what i had on hand!}
1/3 cup honey
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup shredded coconut
2 tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt if using all natural nut butter
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions:
In a large bowl add the nut butter, honey, vanilla and salt if needed. Stir to combine and then add the remaining ingredients. Once it’s all combined place in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Then remove from the fridge, scoop out some dough and roll into a ball. I used her tip of squeezing the handful together to compact it and then roll it into a ball. Place the balls in an airtight container either in the fridge or freezer for quick and easy snacks. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

Those look delicious! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

That's too funny, I made these too and have been needing to post for a month. Got them posted last night. :) Did you like the salt? I did sea salt the first time I made them but it kept making me feel sick...so I omitted the second time.