7.14.2011

{razor} sharp deals!

There are some "razor" sharp deals at Walgreens this week! ;) I was excited to see the EOS register reward deal. I have tried a sample of the shaving cream and just loved it. So I jumped on this deal. When I got to the store I noticed that the shaving creams had razors attached to them....so an even better score! If you do this deal, check to see if you can find any bottles with razors attached too!

Buy 1 Women’s 6 Blade Razor System at $3.99, Get $3.99 Register Rewards
Free after Register Rewards

GUM Dental Care (2 pk) Toothbrushes or Floss at $2, Get $2 Register Rewards
Free after Register Rewards

Buy 2 EOS Shaving Cream and Lip Balm at $3, Get $4 Register Rewards
$1 each after Register Rewards

Finish Electrasol, 20 pk or Jet Dry, 8.45 oz $3.49, Get $1 Register Reward
$.50/1 – Finish Electrasol gel pacs – (homesolutionsnews.com)
$1.99 after Register Reward

Angel Soft 9 big roll toilet paper $4 {no deal but we needed toilet paper!}

I like this new feature on Krazy Coupon Lady of Walgreens Extreme couponing. The idea is to try and keep your out of pocket to $5 or less...depending on the deals. This week they went a little over. I like this idea but I don't always have the right coupons that they highlight for the deals or don't need/want what they are getting. So I am just using it as inspiration!

So this week I tried to keep my out of pocket as low as possible. I did 3 transactions and rolled my register rewards. I bought the Walgreens razor and toothbrushes first, and paid $6.38. I then used the $6 register rewards I got from that transaction to pay for the 2 bottles of shaving cream...so only change for the tax out of pocket that time. Then I used the $4 register rewards from the shaving cream towards the toilet paper and dishwasher tabs. I paid a little over $3 on this transaction....spending just over $10 this week and have a $1 register reward to use next time.

If I wouldn't have broken up the transactions I would have paid about $20 out of pocket and then had all the register rewards to use another trip. I have done this in the past so either way works, just depends on how you want to play the drug store game! I really liked pre-planning my trip this time and rolling the rewards in the same trip. Sometimes there aren't always deals I want each week so this way I have less register rewards to keep track of and worry about expiring!

Let me know what great deals you score this week!

No comments: