11.12.2011

thanksgiving ideas {for kids}...

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I am ready for some yummy food...turkey, dressing, sweet potato casserole, pretzel salad, pecan pie....my mouth is watering just thinking about it! We will be traveling for Thanksgiving and I'm always looking for things to entertain Little Bit when we are away from home. So I have a few Thanksgiving activities to share with you that I have found and will be keeping in my {bag of tricks} in case they are needed! ;)


{image from Parents.com}


Coloring pages...
Little Bit loves to color and so I printed off a few Thanksgiving themed coloring pages to pack with some crayons.

Trivia...
My uncle and sister love to do trivia and jokes, so when I came across this I knew I should print it. There is also a maze in the turkey at the top and Little Bit has shown an interest in those lately....so double score!

Dot to Dot...
Here is a 21 page Thanksgiving activity pack that you can print off. Most of the activities are geared towards older kids but there is a dot to dot that I printed for Little Bit to do. {Keep in mind that you don't have to print all 21 pages if you don't want too....just scroll through the activity pack and note the number of the pages that are relevant to you, then just print those.}

Turkeys...
I will also be armed with some construction paper, pre-cut feathers and a stapler. Anyone can write something they are thankful for on a leaf. We can make handprint turkeys, just by tracing our hand on the paper and drawing in some details for the turkey! Or we can get creative and make headbands with feathers on them.


What are your tricks for keeping kids {or adults!} entertained while waiting for the Thanksgiving meal to be ready?!

No comments: