1.10.2012

{simple} scrapbooking...

If you know me, you know that I have a passion for scrapbooking! I get overwhelmed with it though...documenting all the trips, events, etc....which is what I love but sometimes I just run out of ideas and sit starring at a layout for hours before finally creating something that I'm ok with putting in my album.

Well, don't worry...I'm NOT giving up on scrapbooking! I've decided to try a new approach to scrapbooking this year...project life. {Or at least a form of it.} I am using that as my inspiration as I approach documenting the memories of the coming year. I love that it is all about a simple way to document the everyday happenings of our life. I can still make special albums for trips if I want or highlight a special event with it's own layout but I'm all about keeping it simple.


I received a scrapbook kit for my birthday last week that will help me with this process. It is the Year-o-graphy collection by Simple Stories. It comes with stickers, 12x12 papers, border strips and pre-designed elements for quick and easy scrapbooking. I love the style of the collection and am excited to start documenting our stories....simply!

Speaking of which....my word for the year is simplicity! I am a big fan of Ali Edwards and I was introduced to her idea of One Little Word on her blog. It's just an idea, concept, something of meaning to you that you can focus on throughout the year in all aspects of your life. We are going to be building a house this year, which means selling ours. One of the ways we have to prepare our house to sell is to declutter or simplify things. This is how I came to chose simplicity as my word this year. We are also going to be making ALOT of decisions about building materials, appliances, fixtures, etc...for the new house. Luckily the hubs and I generally like the same kinds of things so I'm hoping this process will be somewhat simple....LOL! ;) I'm also carrying the idea of simplicity into my scrapbooking which I mentioned above. Plus keeping things simple in the day to day will help me focus more on family time and faith.

So I guess what I'm trying to tell myself is {keep it simple silly}! LOL!

If you are interested in taking a more simple approach to scrapbooking this year, here is a link to Becky Higgins Project Life materials on Amazon. I also thought this product video they did at TwoPeas was helpful!

1 comment:

Vianey said...

I don't like scrapbooking because I'm not too creatively inclined with things like this. BUT Happy Belated Birthday and Good Luck with the building of your own house (WOW!!! I'm taking a that must really be exciting pause. LOL) I need to get our home decluttered too and have no idea where to start other than just dive in and get it done. UGH!!! Have a wonderful day.