3.21.2013

Easter {decor}!

After leaving my Valentines decor up for the whole month of February, I decided the first week of March it should come down!  Plus I was in the mood to decorate for Easter.  I had seen several neat ideas on Pinterest that I wanted to create for my own decor.   

First up was this peep bunny art that I had seen last year and thought would be so cute to make.  So I found a template for the bunnies here.  The three bunnies were just perfect for our family.  I just had to shrink one of the bunnies to make it smaller to represent Little Bit!  Then I cut them out, glued them on light green paper and added accessories! 


The hubs got a cute little yellow bow tie, Little Bit got a pink hair bow, and I got a blue necklace!   LOVE it!

Next up I created a chocolate paper bunny.  I had seen this painted bunny piece on Pinterest that inspired my idea.  I didn't want to paint, so I brought out the paper instead! 


First I went to my favorite place...google images...to search for an outline of a bunny.  I thought this one was perfect!  {Sorry I don't have a link, I can't remember where I found it!}  I printed it out, cut out the bunny and then traced onto brown paper.  

Once I cut out the brown bunny, I adhered it to a piece of yellow patterned paper and put in in a frame.

It has a home on our mantel with some cute yellow ceramic rainboots I found at Gordmans!

My last piece I'm showing is so simple to create.  I saw some jars on Pinterest where they put a chocolate bunny in with some edible grass and little candy eggs.  I thought they were SUPER CUTE but I wanted to make sure mine would last and not attract bugs or anything, cause I don't have lids for all my jars. ;)  So I went with some Easter grass from the Dollar Tree and some colored eggs {1 or 2 years old from Michaels I think}.

Have you been inspired to create any Easter decor this year?!




Skip To My Lou


No comments: