5.03.2013

house number {planter}

I have been wanting to get some spring decor up on the porch for several weeks now and this weekend I finally got around to it!  I got out a tiered plant stand that I had sitting in the garage and looked for things to fill it up.  We also had several clay pots waiting for some attention.  I had seen this pot with vinyl numbers on it on Pinterest and knew I wanted to do something similar.  

Well I didn't have any black vinyl on hand so I improvised! 

I simply cut the letters out of cardstock, using my Circut and the Cuttin' Up font cartridge.  I then used this as a stencil.

I placed it on the pot where I wanted it, traced around the template with a black Sharpie and then carefully shaded in the space.

Then a quick trip to Menards for a few plants and it was good to go!  I just LOVE how it turned out!

Here is the whole decorated porch entry!

Linking up with...

 
Skip To My Lou

No comments: