11.14.2013

{family dinner} paninis...

A panini can be made lots of different ways...so this is just how we made ours!

I started by gathering up our ingredients...bread, butter, several options of deli meat {we used ham & turkey), slice cheese {colby jack & provolone}, pesto and other toppings as desired. 

Little Bit and the hubs started out by buttering the outsides of our bread.  I know traditional paninis aren't made with slice bread, but we used some fresh think slices from the bakery.

Then we layered cheese and several kinds of meat in between two buttered slices of bread.  

Don't have a panini press...no problem.  We used our Foreman grill!  I just put 2 sandwiches on at a time, close the lid and let cook for a minute or 2.  I didn't time it, I just checked every so often and took out when they were golden brown.  Or you can use a skillet on the stove and just put another skillet on top of the sandwiches to press them. 

The nice thing is we could all customize what we wanted on our sandwiches.  Little Bit just wanted ham and colby jack cheese.  The hubs had ham, turkey and provolone.  I had ham, turkey, provolone and some pesto!  Yummo!


No comments: