9.12.2010

thrifty glass hurricane...

It's beginning to feel alot like autumn...! That puts me in the mood to get out the fall decorations. Every year I dig out the box of decorations I reevaluate what's inside. I love to shop end of season sales and see what I can add to my collection for a steal! I also love to make decor elements for our home. A couple weeks ago I saw this post about making knock off Williams Sonoma glass hurricanes and thought...those look fun! So I set our for Goodwill and was lucky enough to find both pieces I needed for the project.
Red was the half price color of the day...and the hurricane I found happened to have a red sticker...so only 35 cents for that piece and the candle stick was only 76 cents...score! I took some gorilla glue and adhered them together.

TADA....my version of this for a little over $1.00! I filled it with some pine cones I had on hand and some acorns I picked up in our backyard. {I'm excited to fill this up with lots of different things to go along with the seasons!}

Here is a full shot of my fall themed mantel. Remember my autumn banner I posted about here. I want to add some little pumpkins and gourds in a couple weeks....after we get back from vacation!

2 comments:

JenMarie said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Jackie said...

Cute Mandy!!! I picked up some pine cones intended for fall decorating when I was playing with Grandson last weekend but left them in his little box...we were so busy counting and sorting. I love this idea and now have a reason to hunt out some more cones! Smiles